Saturday, February 19, 2011

An Apple a day keeps the Doctor Away!



I have heard that saying since I was a very young child. I knew apples were good for me but I really had no idea how good they were for me until now.

Apples are LOADED with Vitamin C which aid's the immune system and phenols, which have been shown to lower cholesterol.

They also reduce tooth decay by removing bacteria. It has also been suggested by Cornell University researchers that quercetin, which is found in apples protects brain cells against neuro-degenerative disorders like Alzheimer's Disease.

I personally love to eat apples pre workout for a nice energy kick as they are loaded with slow burning clean sugars that will fuel any workout.

So what are you waiting for!? Go Grab an Apple!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive